Thursday 5 August 2010

Getting ready

So, the first Norwich Wine Festival is going to start in under a month. Who'd have thought a) that Norwich could have been bereft of such a celebration for so many years and b) that we'd have pulled it together in such comparitively short space of time.

The build up is now really gaining some momentum and I for one am very excited about the opportunity this will present to Norwich wine lovers to try all sorts of different wines. Now we have all the participating venues on board we are able to start identifying which wines we are particularly looking forward to tasting.

I'll let you in on my list - the Picpoul de Pinet at Reeds is delicious and I will be revisiting it during the festival. At the Maids Head they have a dessert wine, a Moscato d'Asti, which I'm pretty excited about tasting - I think I'll have to order some pudding with it! The Lawyer lists a wine I first discovered when working in the French Pyrenees, Chateau du Barry. My uncle came to visit me and brought a few bottles with him, and we were all amazed at the coincidence since the snake in our garden had become known as Barry the Asp. I'm holding out for an Indian summer so I can dedicate a wine festival afternoon to the Garden House, where they list the delicious Orangeraie Rose. Yum.

I hope you'll find plenty of other gems during the festival. Please let us know which wines are your favourites.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment